“Psoriasis” means “itching” or “being itchy”, and is a skin disease in humans. Although the name only means to itch, psoriasis comes with a lot of other symptoms apart from itching; such as- redness, inflammation, burning, flaking, etc. The disease is triggered automatically by the immune system and the exact cause for it remains a mystery. The immune system misinterprets a normal skin cell to be infective and stimulated the production of new skin cells. This process continues unmanageably and leads to psoriasis. Small patches fuse to form bigger patches and get encircled by a silver lining. The disease affects people of all age groups, but is more prevalent among people who are 20-25.
Psoriasis is affiliated with the elevated dangers of certain cancers, cardio vascular diseases, ulcerative colitis, and immune-mediated disorders like Crohn’s disease. Though there’s not much knowledge regarding the prime movers of psoriasis, genetic factors, HIV infected people and lifestyles are said to account for the disease.
Plaque is the most typical form of psoriasis, 85-90% of the affected people suffer from plaque. The other main types of the illness are Guttate, Inverse, Pustular and Erythrodermic. Severe itching, burning, swelling and pain accompany Psoriatic Erythroderma that spreads all over the body. This type of psoriasis is lethal and interferes with the body’s immunity and ability to regulate temperature. The Pustular form is unsightly and frustrating as it involves inflated pus-filled bumps lined with red, tender skin. A lot of other skin lesions, nail and hair changes are associated with the disease. Psoriatic arthritis may also develop.
Although only 2-4% of the global population are affected with psoriasis, the disease requires attention as apart from marring the physical beauty of a person, it also brings down self-esteem. Many medical branches have put forth a lot of psoriasis treatments to cure psoriasis, however, none have been found to deliver long-term results. With such a vast availability of options in the market, it might get difficult for a person to choose ONE PERFECT PSORIASIS TREATMENT that will do the job. So here’s a little assistance with the same.
Conventional Psoriasis Treatments
1. Topical Agents- Paricalcitol, a Vitamin D equivalent was found to be superior to placebo analogues like retinoids and coal tar in treating the disease. Mineral oil, Decubal and Vaseline are moisturizers and emollients that can be used for psoriasis treatment. Creams and ointments containing coal tar, corticosteroids, Vitamin D3 analogues etc., can be used to reduce scale formation, inflammation, flaking, and skin-turnover and clear plaques.
2. Systemic Agents- Biologics, non-biologics and mono-clonal antibodies are used in the systemic psoriasis treatment. This method is resorted to when the patient doesn’t respond to topical agents and phototherapy. Systemic agents are either consumed orally or injected into the body and can interfere with pregnancy, hence should be administered with high caution.
3. Phototherapy- PUVA ( Psoralen and Ultraviolet A ) Phototherapy and NBUVB (Narrow Band Ultraviolet B) Phototherapy. These therapies expose the affected areas to light of standard wavelengths for psoriasis treatment. Sunlight is also used, but at controlled exposure since it can cause sunburn and further aggravate the condition.
Psoriasis Treatment At Home-
I feel psoriasis natural treatments are better than conventional medicine as they come with lesser side-effects. The chemical free nature of these products make them less harmful, also, most of the things you need are available in your kitchen, so it isn’t as expensive as chemical drugs. Here are a few home psoriasis treatments medically reviewed by Lindsey Marcellin, MD, MPH that could help calm down inflammation.
1. Gluten-Free Diet- Foods that contain gluten- most carbs like wheat, rye, barley, etc. increase the inflammation associated with psoriasis. Case studies proved that a gluten free diet really worked in decreasing swelling. Nevertheless, standard clinical studies do not support the association of gluten with psoriasis. You can still try it though, as a lot of people have found relief with this measure.
2. No Dyes or Perfumes- Soaps, perfumes and shampoos containing high amounts of perfumes and a lot of chemicals tend to irritate the condition so it’s best to avoid such products. Opt for herbal soaps or the ones with negligible amounts of chemicals. Try not to colour or dye your hair as these react with scalp psoriasis, and even if your scalp isn’t affected, the colour might drip down to your neck and face, so ist better to not take a risk at all. They only reverse any kind of psoriasis treatment.
3. Water- Psoriasis causes dryness, flaking and scaling of the skin. In this case it is very important to keep yourself hydrated. This could be your hero in the best treatment for psoriasis. Drink a lot of water, this will replenish all your organs and reduce the dryness.
4. Turmeric- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory features and for this reason, has been used over the years to treat a lot of conditions- mostly the ones pertaining to the skin. Although the use of turmeric for psoriasis treatment is not scientifically backed, people have reported some kind of relief with its use.
5. Dead Sea Salts- The use of Dead Sea salts for psoriasis treatment is close to a psoriasis treatment called Balneotherapy. The therapy requires patients to bathe in the Dead Sea for four weeks and psoriasis disappears. There are no chemical drugs involved and no other medications either so this can be a good natural treatment for psoriasis. A few precautions need to be taken- like controlled exposure to the sun else you might burn your skin. Nevertheless, as people can’t travel all over to the Dead sea to get rid of psoriasis, the salts from the sea are extracted and sold. You may bathe with the salt- add some to your bath tub and soak in it, however, this procedure won’t deliver results like Balneotherapy as the sea has a particular density and other unique characteristics that cannot be replaced by a bath-tub full of salt.
Chemical Warriors Vs Psoriasis Free For Life
|CRITERIA||PSORIASIS FREE FOR LIFE||CHEMICAL DRUGS|
|SIDE EFFECTS||NILL||THERE ARE SIDE EFFECTS, SALICYLIC ACID REVERSES THE PLAQUE CLEARANCE ACHIEVED BY PHOTOTHERAPY
|COST||INEXPENSIVE[YOU NEED TO MAKE JUST ONE PURCHASE]||EXPENSIVE[YOU NEED CONSULTATION AND ALSO NEED TO KEEP BUYING]|
|RECURRENCE OF PSORIASIS||NO RECCURANCE[THIS IS A LIFE-TIME CURE]||ALWAYS KEEPS REBOUNDING|
|OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS||OPTIMUM BODY WEIGHTREDUCED FATIGUEBETTER HAIR, SKIN AND NAILS||NONE KNOWN|
The Best Handbook to Get Rid of Psoriasis
“Drug Induced Psoriasis” happens when certain chemical drugs are taken. They actually spark off the condition and on the other hand there are drugs that are prescribed as treatments for psoriasis. However, they do not only treat psoriasis but also target other sites in one’s body, leading to side effects. Home remedies are a safer option as they mostly do not give rise to any undesirable effects. But if used in the wrong way or in the wrong combination, even natural drugs can worsen the condition. You should know that anything, however natural, is made of chemical components, it’s just that they differ in the composition, quantity and freshness. Most people even fall prey to a lot of myths encircling the disease and the treatment of psoriasis and adopt improper cures. The lack of knowledge of the disease and its cures make it all the more difficult for a person to choose a perfect psoriasis treatment.
Here’s where “Psoriasis Free for Life” comes to rescue. Psoriasis Free For Life is a guide that contains 100% natural methods to get rid of psoriasis. Unlike most other guides, Psoriasis free for life doesn’t just give you gazillion tips that you can choose from. It is laid out in a very comprehensible and organized manner. The instructions work step by step and help cure the disease permanently with all kinds of symptoms, etc. The book was compiled by Katy Wilson, a self-sufferer of Psoriasis who managed to create this revolutionary formula after over a decade of suffering from the disorder. Psoriasis Free For Life is available in the form of an easily downloadable eBook and has cured men and women of different ages and races of psoriasis of varying intensities.
The book works in 3-steps, and if you follow the instructions strictly, results appear in 3 days!
The Steps include-
STEP 1- OPTIMIZATION OF DIET
STEP 2- DETOXIFICATION
STEP 3- SECRET NATURAL REMEDIES
Why Prefer Psoriasis Free for Life?
There are many reasons why Psoriasis Free For Life stands out from other approaches to treat Psoriasis-
1. The book is inexpensive and comes with 7 free bonuses that can help in different ways
2. It comes with a 100% guarantee for psoriasis treatment
3. No chemical drugs are included
4. Fast results- just 3 days.
5. Tells you everything you need to know about the illness and psoriasis treatment.
6. Zero side effects.
7. You get slimmer and toned by the end of the program.
8. General physical and mental health is upped.
All in all, I feel Psoriasis Free for Life outbeats every other psoriasis treatment as you’ve seen, it doesn’t just curb the symptoms but tackles the disease at the very root.
Apart from the countless health benefits that the book brings you, there are 7 free bonuses that accompany the package-
BONUS #1: Superfoods for Optimum Health- Chlorella and Spirulina
BONUS #2: The Healing Power of Water
BONUS #3: 177 Ways to Burn Calories
BONUS #4: Supplementing With Superfoods
BONUS #5: The Seven Secrets to a Good Diet
BONUS# 6: 43 Nutrition Secrets Revealed
BONUS #7: A Handbook of Health
Still hesitant? Well, don’t be. If you are not satisfied with the results, the book comes with a 100% money-back guarantee within 60 days of purchase. I think this is the best offer that you will ever come across, it is potent, riskless and guaranteed, treating psoriasis could never get easier. So go on and place an order for your very first copy right away to start erasing psoriasis forever!